Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall Fling Time Trial

Well yesterday was my first Time Trial. It wasn't pretty and it wasn't fun. A short course just under 10 miles, due to a change in course design, made for some excruciating pain. I thought for sure I was going to be DFL as when Sarah and I left to go to the hotel, I had the worst time of 25:57. I checked the results late last night and there are four people under me. I guess it's not all that bad of a result as I had no idea what to expect for my first TT. Also I did not have aerobars, aero helmet, shoe covers and all that other smancy fancy stuff.
.
Anyways, today is the crit finale on the "north" course, but the flyer does not say exactly where it is, so I'm a bit confused as to that. Ah well it is supposedly somewhere behind our hotel in the business park. I'll take a cruise down there after breakfast. Speaking of which - is this just an Illinois thing or do other areas charge for breakfast at hotels!? Every hotel that I've ever stayed at in Wisconsin gives you free breakfast. I've stayed at some really nice and medium quality in Wisconsin and all of them had free breakfast in the morn. Here in IL they charge you 100 bucks+ a night and expect you to pay 10 bucks a person for breakfast in the morning. Another reason I dislike Illinois. That is all for now.

No comments: