Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Pain, Suffering and Agony

Okay so it's really not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. That is having all four wisdom teeth removed. Is it uncomfortable yes, but it had to happen. I also got some pain meds and haven't really felt the need to take them that much, and have been using regular Ibuprofen instead. I was prescribed Oxycodone and I can't say that it does much - for me at least. I just get tired and that's about it. I don't know how people can become so addicted to this drug that it overtakes their life. Unless I just don't have the strong stuff. But still Oxy is the stepping stone in the opiate family. It's becoming more and more prevalent with people on Oxy committing prescription frauds (I've investigated many), to robberies and then moving onto the ultimate life ruining drug, Heroin.
.
I remember one of my first traffic stops that I had made. It was a local woman in the township, living in a $300k home, attractive and had a good job as a nurse. A couple years later I again had contact with her for not having a driver's license due to oxy charges ; her life of addiction was prevalent on her exterior. Recently her name came up during conversation at roll call and I learned that she is still an addict, now heroin and cocaine, and now is being evicted out of her second house (well secondthat I know of at least).
.
What drives people to ruin their lives with these stupid drugs? Going from upper middle class to slumming in the City of Milwaukee selling themselves to get a fix. And even better the suburbanites doin't even think that drugs are rampant outside of Milwaukee. The difference is it doesn't make headlines here. People keep in behind closed doors and do not handle their drug business in public (well most of the time).
.
Reminds of a recent hair cut I had. I really don't like telling people what I do for a living because I get treated differently, but one woman recognized me as after several haircuts with her it came out. Well she informed the person that had been cutting my hair about my profession and he began making ridiculous comments about how he could not do my job because he would want to shoot people for not listening to them. What irrates me even more is that because I work in a suburb, "Oh, you work there? There's no crime there." WTF!?
.
Well I think that is enough ranting about work and drugs. Kind of lost topic for my training and racing journal, but I can't really train right now with the toofers.

No comments: