Monday, October 6, 2008

Suckage


Well I really sucked it up Sunday for the Fall Fling Crit Finale. Okay start after missing another clip in. Speedplay here I come - or I could just work on that...hmmmm. I just get too antsy at the start. Anyways, for whatever reason, I was dying for the entire race. My lungs were just killing me. I struggled to move up and kept sliding back further and further and finally within the last two laps the accordian effect took its toll and I was done. Finished at the very back of the field to round out my overall standing to 33rd for the four races. 23 Places off where I wanted to be going into this thing. Not the way I wanted to end my racing season. So much for a high note.
.
Now it is time to relax. I'm done racing until spring. It's sad to say that even though this weekend was less than spectacular because I love competition. It is really what makes me suffer through hard training sessions and I'll have to carry this craptastic performance into the winter for motivation.
.
This month is a real easy recovery / off season month in my training plan. I think Joe only has me riding a couple days a week to keep the aerobic fitness and the rest is relaxation. Nice. Now I can get some stuff done around the house maybe? Ha we'll see about that. Back to learning how to design a website for work..... and maybe I'll make one for myself for S's and G's.

No comments: