Friday, December 5, 2008

Slacking

I've been slacking in a couple areas lately. Number one, updating this blog. Several members of my team have been having a nice friendly competition using www.mapmyride.com . It provides motivation for training through the winter season (we have about 10 inches of snow, it's 15 degrees outside and I have no XC skiis!) and some team building. But it does hinder my want to log training on this site. I log it on mapmyride and WKO+. Each entry has to be entered seperately, well with a little copy and paste, but still - two is enough already. I'll continue to update this page though and appreciate motivating, ass kicking threats, etc., to help me keep my winter training up to snuff!
.
This week I've also been slacking in training. While maintaing all my weight lifting goals for the week, I have not been able to ride much on the trainer. Working a messed up schedule this week, third shift, second shift, third shift - little to no sleep between with less than 8 hours between shifts. Ugh. Takes a toll on the body. Even got jipped yesterday, got done at 6AM, slept for 3 hours, got up, went to court for a while 20 minutes, stopped at the office to drop off paperwork and then back home. Couldn't go back to sleep though!!! Had to stay awake for two hours to ensure I didn't pass out before vacation picks at Grafton. With that said all my vacation and holidays are accounted for next year. Strung together a bunch of days again for Superweek and got screwed on my A race for the year. Have to let it play out and see if I get a discretionary day approved now.
.
Another race series came to light today though. The organizers of the Grafton / Sheboygan races have put together an 11 day series. Oh yea baby, my race calendar is ever expanding!! 28 races so far and now if I can string together some more comp days, it'll easily be above 30 races next year. Go big or..... Just go BIG.
.
Cheers to the 3's by Fall!

No comments: